A lot’s gone on in the past twelve years.
Hopes and upheaval. Disappointments. Triumphs. In work, relationships, parenting and health.
And through it all, there’s been a weekly evening with Jay.
Sanity. Sage advice. Laughter. Perspective.
Whatever the week brings, my evening with Jay makes it better. Those evenings make me better.
I think sometimes about our 18-years-younger selves. Saying our first hellos. With 7,550 km and ten provinces of cycling ahead of us. And all we never dreamed about those next 18 years.
And I think of the years ahead of us now. The venting and celebrating of our sixty-something selves.
And that makes me smile.
Thank you, Jay.
And thank you, Mark, for making those evenings possible. All these years.
- Happiness Is… my long, strong friendship with Jay Schmidt.
- Happiness is… A Healthy, Happy Spring
- Here Comes the 10:15 Conniption, Right on Time
- Happy Birthday, Jay!!
- Coo-coo-ca-cha! Coo-coo-ca-cha!
- The party was off the hook
- Happiness Is… Cycling